Emma was one of the lucky few to attend the Royal Wedding Part II this past weekend. Her sister Eliza got married in London so she has been there since March 30th and comes home April 10th. That makes me a bachelor for 12 days... Not cool. So before she left, my sweet wife used her amazing creativity to let me know she was thinking about me each day that she'd be gone - and I call it "The 12 Days of EJ." Pictured below is our Mexican serving dish (thank you to whoever gave that to us for our wedding) that Emma pulled out from under the bed before she left. It was filled with 12 eggs that I was told to open while she's gone, 1 per day! So I've been doing pretty good and haven't looked ahead at all.
Day 1: opened and read..
What did I find?
I had no words... Best wife ever?!
So each day has been a new scavenger hunt within our home here. Here are a few more surprises that I found tucked away behind books, in cabinets, and hiding in closets.
Today is Easter and yes that means another egg.
She went over the top with this Easter basket that has been hiding in our closet for the past 9 days. I am most impressed with Emma's hiding abilities - I can usually notice something that has been moved in the house, but she has outsmarted me in every way. I hope she knows how thankful I am for her. At times life gets in the way and I'm not as "clued in" as I should be, but we have eternity to figure it out and I hope she hangs in there with me. She really is the best thing that I have going on in my life. These past 9 days have helped me realize how much I love being with this girl and how much fun we have when we are together. Thank you Emma for being amazing.. I love you!








4 comments:
WE ALL MISS YOU, EMMA!!! Get your buns home!!
you have the BEST wife!
Okay, call me lame or sappy, but I seriously teared up reading this post!!!!:D love it all!
Wow, EJ Im impressed! and Bball I love your blog posts:) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment