Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A YEAR?!?!

I am just in awe that this month marks one year since my move to Arizona. One of the most defining moments of my life when everything came together in a way I never thought it could. I was days away from going to St Louis when a single phone call changed everything -- a single phone call plus a lot of pleading, begging, dying, etc. -- but somehow it ALL WORKED OUT. I am now married to the man I've loved for 5 years, I work at a station that was only fathomable in my dreams and I have a home, a new extended family, friends, and I'm out of the snow!! To say this year has been full of happiness is an understatement. To think in one year I got a new job and have already worked my way through 3 different positions is just unreal. How can so much happen in 365 days?

The highlight of this year was of course our wedding day. I still can't believe that I married my Bball. To have all our family members together to celebrate our day is something that I will never be able to get over. I tell Bball all too often how I wish we could get married every day. Weird? Nah. Fiji wasn't too bad either... if I'm wishing for stuff then how about a wedding and honeymoon on repeat for the rest of my life!!??!?

I know that all of this is attributed to one thing, and that's Heavenly Father. I KNOW NONE OF THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED without Him. That's it. The moment Bball and I committed to each other, life changed. Blessings literally spilled out from heaven and into our lives. Seriously! It wasn't normal. It was the most spiritual experience I've ever had in my life. While blogs aren't really a spiritual outlet it's impossible to look back on this year and not realize how much of a higher power had to have taken control, because it just isn't possible. I don't think I deserve it all but you better believe Bball and I are trying every day to earn this amazing life that we live. So rad. Life is just cozy and sweet. Gotta spread the love and live with an attitude of gratitude. Lucky little ducks!

No comments: