Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Project Revamp-a-licious

We are getting SO close to moving into our NEW little casa! Bball and I have been waiting on this home for a while now... it was a short sale and we first put an offer back in January. Short sales basically suck, but we waited it out -- sorry Amy and PapaMurph! -- and just a few weeks ago found out it was ours!! Now, it's time to make this house OUR home. That means repainting, re-tiling and re-carpeting. We went over today, Day 1 of the revamp, and here's how it looks:

This is our living room looking into our kitchen/family room. The den/Bball's new office is off to the right. The front door is in the right corner as well. Looks so nakie right now, SO fun! Ps. Don't you just LOVE the paint?! Yikes, too bad you weren't able to see the beautiful holy crosses hung on ever corner to go along with it. The living room will be painted white with a red accent wall, the kitchen/living room will be a tuscan yellow with the same red accent wall. We're thinking light white/gold tiles and possibly a sage green carpet... lots of colors! Thoughts?!


View looking down from the front door.

Our fireplace. We're wanting to put bright small tiles around the fire place... any ideas on where to find some? Amasita was thinking I could even make my own? We're thinking a bright blue or something to match the red accent wall. We're going for a bright, cozy mediterranean look.
THE INSPIRATION! We've been working with one of Amy's friends who has been translating our thoughts and ideas into reality. No easy task... But I LOVE what he's coming up with. GO TEAM! Rad fabric, huh? We have this cute little window seat and I want to cover the cushions with it. Oh PS. I feel freakin' oldilocks talking about 'cushions I plan to cover...' blah blah blah. OLD!... but kind of fun. ;)

2 comments:

Brittany Arnett said...

I seriously thought that was the paint you guys picked out and I was trying to be supportive. Phew!! I can't wait for this mediterranean oasis of love to be finished. We're spending the night first night!!!

Molly said...

Oo la la.... Emma, I'm loving it so far. I'm anxious to see what you do with the fireplace!

And forget the giant speedo picture of Brad in your room, I say you keep some of those holy crosses!