With my job as a reporter it was time for me to yet again move to another part of the country. I had just accepted a job at a station in St. Louis and was ready to say goodbye to what Brad and I had. We decided to spend one last weekend together, a weekend that changed everything. We knew that life just didn't make sense without each other. Brad agreed to follow me to STL.
What happened next is something I will forever consider an absolute miracle. I received a call, out-of-the-blue, from my dream station in Phoenix and was able to transfer my contract. Brad and I have been together ever since, full speed ahead into a future we've wanted for years. TOGETHER.
On December 19, a day before I started my new job, Brad said he wanted to go check out Christmas lights. We are always up for random adventures so I agreed. We aimlessly drove around Scottsdale looking at the holiday decorations -- nothing too exciting -- then pulled up to a resort. Brad said there was a cool display on the grounds. I went with it, walked around with him and checked out the place. He took me down by a lake where there was a gondola ride. He asked if I wanted to take one and at first I turned him down, thinking we had to actually be guests at the hotel to get on. We kept walking around, looking at the pools, then passed the ride again. He asked again if I wanted to hop on and I said, 'sure, I guess.'
We got on the ride, listened to our gondolier sing and make small talk. Brad sugguested we take a picture -- and being the photogenic, camera-hungry girl I am, I agreed. Brad turned to give his camera to the gondolier, I hurriedly prepped my hair for the pic and when I looked up I saw Brad with a box. Tears immediately began to spill from my eyes. Brad told me to open the box. I unwrapped the gift and pulled out a... ornament. Yep... just an ornament. You can imagine my embarrassment as make-up was smeared across my face over a Christmas decoration. I thanked him, he let the awkward moment sit for a minute... THEN said, "Now open it!" Ornaments open? YES THEY DO! Inside was the most amazing gold ring I had ever seen. I said"OF COURSE!" and we've been in shock ever since.
We feel so blessed, so lucky, so watched over and led by our Heavenly Father. We know He had a hand in this. We know He has helped us get to this point and through Him we can be together forever. This night has gone down as the greatest night of my life. I love that boy more than anything. To see him down on one knee asking to spend the rest of my life with him was a dream come true. CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 16, 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment